The process for returning titles varies depending on the type of reader you are using. Here are the directions for the most common readers.
Readers accessed with Adobe Digital Editions
- Open Adobe Digital Editions on your computer
- Go to Library View
- Click on the title that you wish to return and then click the small arrow to the left of the title
- Choose "Return borrowed item"
- Click "Return" in the window that pops up
Mobile devices (iPad, iPod, Android tablets, etc.)
- Open the Overdrive Media Console app on your device
- Go to your list of titles (the Bookshelf link in the app)
- Tap and hold down on the title you want to return until the return link appears
- Touch the "Return" in the window that pops up
Amazon Kindle or Kindle app on mobile device
- Go to Amazon.com and login to your account
- Click on My Account
- Under Order History, click on View Your Kindle Orders
- Find the title that you want to return (it will say "Digital Library" in orange next to the title)
- Click the button that says "Actions" located to the right of the title you want to return
- Choose "Return to Library"
- A message will display that the item has been returned successfully, however, the process is not complete until the page reloads