Search full-text electronic books in various fields in social sciences, including:
- African-American Years: Chronologies of American History and Experience
- Biographical Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary American Social Issues
- Encyclopedia of Latin American History and Culture
- Energy for the 21st Century
- Fashion, Costume, and Culture: Clothing, Headwear, Body Decorations, and Footwear through the Ages
- Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America
- Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History
- Global Warming
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
- Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices
Writing an English paper? Need to find out about authors or books? Literary Reference Center is a full-text database that brings together information from major literary encyclopedias and reference works and hundreds of literary journals. Also available with a mobile interface for handheld devices.
Literati is a research resource with over 3 million encyclopedia entries, ebooks on every major subject, over 240,000 audio clips, multimedia videos, and thousands of high resolution images. Homework Help offers students online help from certified teachers in reading, math, and writing. Research guides for job hunting, applying for unemployment, and genealogy research are also available. Literati is made available by the Library of Virginia.
Funded by the Library of Virginia, WRL offers access to TumbleBookLibrary, a gathering of animated talking books, puzzlers, quizzes, math stories, and other resources. These books are created from existing picture books, which have been licensed from childrens' book publishers.