Download Library Materials?
Want to do research? Click Here.
If you need to talk to a librarian via phone, email, or instant messaging use our Ask Us links to the left.
Want to sign up for programs and classes, reserve and pay for concert tickets, reserve meeting rooms, and pay fines and fees? Click Here.
Want to volunteer at WRL? Click Here.
- Library Phone Numbers
- Library Hours
- Library Director
- Assistant Director
- Division Directors
- Feedback Form
- Gifts to the Library
- Media Queries
James City County Library 7770 Croaker Road
757.259.7770 (Answered live, M-F, 10am-5pm)
Williamsburg Library 515 Scotland Street
757.259.4040 (Answered live, M-F, 10am-5pm)
Unplanned Closings and Holiday Closings
Adult Services Director
Circulation Services Director
Finance and General Services Director
IT and Technical Services Director
Outreach Services Director
Program Services Director
Youth Services Director
Please direct queries about gifts or donations to the Williamsburg Regional Library to:
Library Development Officer
7770 Croaker Rd.
Williamsburg VA, 23188
Frequently Asked Questions
Using any computer with access to the Internet, you may request library materials be held for you and specify at which library you wish to pick them up when they become available. You will be notified by the method set in your library account. Here's how to place a hold:
- Search the library catalog for the title you wish to request
- Once you locate the title, click on it to pull up the title record
- Click the Request Any Copy button to the lower right of the title information
- Enter the barcode from your library card
- Click Access Your Library Account below
- Select a pickup location from the pulldown box
- Click the blue Request button
The confirmation screen indicates whether your request was successfully placed. Your position in the hold queue and pickup location are displayed. The method by which you will be notified is not specified. To verify how the library will contact you, call the library at 757.259.7753.
How do I renew library materials?
There are three ways to renew your library materials:
1. Call the Circulation Services Division at 757.259.7753.
2. Come to the Circulation desk at either library.
3. Use our online catalog (click on the My Account tab, enter your library card number, choose the Items Out link, select the items that you wish to renew by clicking in the box next to the title, and click the Renew button).
Note: All library materials may be renewed twice, as long as these items are not on hold. Also, please be sure to have your library card available when you renew by phone or the Internet.
Fines and fees can be paid in-person at the Circulation Desk at either library building. You can also pay over the phone with a credit card by calling the Circulation Division at 757.259.7753.
Williamsburg Regional Library Schedule of Fines and Fees
- Adult Collection (books, audio cassettes, CDs): per day for one/$.10
- Juvenile and Young Adult Collection (books, audio cassettes, CDs): per day for one/$.05
- Videos, DVDs, and CD-ROMs: per day for one/$.50
Overdue Maximum Fines
- Books, audio cassettes, CDs:
- Maximum for one Adult item: $5.00
- Maximum for one Juvenile or Young Adult item: $3.00
- Maximum on card: $35.00
- Videos, DVDs, and CD-ROMs:
- Maximum for one item: $5.00
- Maximum on card: $35.00
The total maximum overdue fine when it includes overdue fines for both books and videos is $70.00 per card. The total maximum overdue fine does not include replacement costs or damage charges.
- Returned checks: $25.00
- Replacement for lost library card: $1.00
Mobile Library Service Fines
- Items checked out from the Mobile Library service van do not accrue overdue fines. If an item is declared lost and the user returns the item undamaged the lost processing fee will be waived.
The library offers a variety of online resources to help you locate accurate and trustworthy information on the Internet. To access the library's collection of databases and online tools go to our Find It Online page. To use the library's databases from outside the buildings you will need to enter your WRL library card number when prompted.
The Williamsburg Regional Library provides meeting room space at both library buildings for public use. First priority for use is given to the requirements of Williamsburg Regional Library, of the City of Williamsburg and of James City County. After those needs are met, reservations from other users are accepted on a first come, first served basis. See our Meeting Room page for information on reserving a space.
Wireless computer access is available at both library locations. The library's network is open to all users, and is not secured. You must agree to the library's acceptable use policy in order to use the wireless network. In order to access our wireless resources, please make sure that your computer is connected to the library network and then open your web browser and click "accept."