Job Resource Center
Find a Job
- Help @Your Library
- Local Employers
- Job Search Tools
- Create a Resume
- VA Workforce Connection
- Careers and Companies
Job Search Help @ WRL
Need help filling out an application? Printing a resume? Researching an employer? Get help from a WRL librarian! On-the-spot assistance is available at the Reference Desk at all times. For more extensive help, make an appointment for a one-on-one session through our Book-a-Librarian service. For more information call 259-4050, or submit a request for a Book-a-Librarian appointment at wrl.org/find.
Job Search Workshops
Using Virginia Workforce Connection--create an account, start building a resume, and search for jobs.
Hints for Online Job Searching--How do you find the right website? Bring your own job search questions so we can work on them in class. Schedule of current workshops.
Local Job Openings and Hiring Event Announcements
Keep an eye on our job information center in the reference area at the Williamsburg Library. You'll find announcements of local job opportunities, including upcoming job fairs, hiring events, and workshops, as well as a notebook containing current job openings.
Check for openings at selected local employers
- Busch Gardens
- Chambrel (Brookdale)
- City of Williamsburg
- College of William and Mary
- Colonial Behavioral Health
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Eastern State Hospital
- Farm Fresh
- Food Lion
- Great Wolf Lodge
- Henderson (construction)
- Home Depot
- James City County
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation
- K-Mart (owned by Sears Holdings)
- Kingsmill Resort
- Lowe's Home Improvement
- Patriot's Colony
- Sentara Healthcare
- Williamsburg Landing
- Williamsburg/James City County Schools
- Williamsburg Regional Library
- Windsor Meade
- York County
- York County Schools
Selected job search tools for local and national searching
- Hampton Roads Jobs on Twitter (from the Daily Press)
- 757 Jobs from Simply Hired
- Career Connection from the Virginia Pilot
- Craigslist--The Hampton Roads edition of the popular online classifed ads site. (If you are new to craigslist, please read the site's safety and scam advisories.)
- Indeed.com--Quick, easy national job searching by job type and location.
- Monster.com--A comprehensive national jobs site that includes job searching, interview and networking tips, resume builders, and career and salary information. (Many services require registration.)
- USAJOBS--search all federal government openings.
- CV Maker is a free, easy-to-use website that lets you create and print a professional-looking resume. Registration is not necessary, but if you create a free account, you will be able to save your resumes for later.
- Sample resumes and cover letters from monster.com
- Samples of chronological, functional and combination resumes are available to download from vault.com.
The Virginia Workforce Connection provides important services for any resident who is out of work or looking for a better job. Use it to apply for unemployment benefits, search for and apply for jobs, and create resumes. Most services require registration.
Need help using the Virginia Workforce Connection?
- Find a local satellite SNAP (Share Network Access Points) operated by a church or other organization.
- Get a schedule of WRL's classes on using Virginia Workforce Connection.
Have an interview lined up? Find facts and figures, news articles, and names of executives of larger corporations in WRL's Business Insights database.
Looking for job leads? Search 14 million companies by location, size and line of business in the RefUSA database.
Considering a new career? Search career fields by pay, education requirements and job growth rate in the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
For help using these resources, click on the Ask Us link at the bottom of this page.