Freegal Music Downloads
Through a grant from the Friends of WRL, the library now offers free music downloads from the Sony catalog to library card holders. Here's how to access the music:
Users with mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod, or Android device) can go to the app store and download the Freegal app to download and listen to music directly on their device. Find out more about the Freegal app here.
- Login in to Freegal with your 14 digit library card number
- Search or browse for the music you would like to download
- Click the "Download Now" link to the right of the song information to save the song to your computer
- Then you can transfer the song to your iPod or mp3 player using iTunes or other music management software
- Users can download up to to 3 songs per week with no weekly library limit
- The week period runs from Monday at 12:01am to Sunday at 11:59pm
- The FAQ section of the Freegal site can answer other questions you might have about the service and can be found at the top of the page after you have logged in.
- Problems with Freegal and iTunes? Here is a possible solution.