In 1911, the Bisland family set up the first family fund called The Percival Bisland Memorial Collection. Today, the tradition continues with The Bisland Legacy Society, an honor roll of those who have named the Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation (WRLF) as a beneficiary of their estate.
- We recommend that you discuss any planned gifts with your family, loved ones and advisors as may be appropriate.
- Bisland Legacy Society members may designate their future gifts, or may leave gift designation to the discretion of the WRLF Board of Directors. A Society gift may be used to establish a new fund (if size requirements are met) or may be added to any of the Foundation’s existing funds. A history of the Bisland Society.
- We do not ask how much is being left to the Library Foundation. We encourage donors to discuss their gifts with us to make sure we can comply with their wishes, but this is not mandatory.
- We do appreciate receiving a copy of any document(s) that support the action you have taken to benefit the Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation.
- Gifts supporting the Library Foundation will ensure our continued and future ability to support the Williamsburg Regional Library’s vision.
- Questions about gifts should be directed to the Dr. Benjamin J. Goldberg, CFRE, Library Development Officer at 757.259.4042.