Thank-you to all who have volunteered to help during Summer Reading 2013. All shifts have been filled! Teens who have completed seventh grade are eligible to volunteer. Please note that this is a change from previous years. Additional information is below:
- Rising eighth through twelfth graders are welcome
- Volunteers must be able to alphabetize and should enjoy working with young children. They must also attend one of these training sessions:
June 8 - 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. - Williamsburg Library
June 11 - 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. - James City County Library
June 13- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. - Williamsburg Library
- We need volunteers during all hours that the library is open. On the application, you will write several times that work for you. Most volunteers choose to work two hours per week.
- You must be available to work at least four of the six weeks of the summer reading program.
- The library keeps track of your volunteer hours. This comes in handy when you are applying for stuff later on!
We have a volunteer party at the end of every summer. It's a blast!
For more information, call the Youth Services desk at 259-7733.