|Schell Room at the Williamsburg Library||
Kitzinger Community Room at the James City County Library
|Williamsburg Library Theatre|
The Williamsburg Regional Library provides meeting room space at both library buildings for public use. First priority for use is given to the requirements of Williamsburg Regional Library, of the City of Williamsburg and of James City County. After those needs are met, reservations from other users are accepted on a first come, first served basis. For more information call the Program Services Division at 757.259.4070.
Download a copy of our meeting room application form (required for all room requests)
WHAT ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE?
At the Williamsburg Library – 515 Scotland Street, Williamsburg
-- Williamsburg Library Theatre – seats 268
-- Patricia Schell Memorial Meeting Room – no more than 42 seated
-- Room B – no more than 24
-- Room C – no more than 15
At the James City County Library - 7770 Croaker Road, Norge
-- Grace and Stanley Kitzinger Community Room – 90 (chairs only), 40 (tables and chairs)
-- Isabelle Cosby Meeting Room – no more than 15
-- Jane G. and Robert McGaw Meeting Room – no more than 15
-- Electronic Community Learning Center (e-Clic Room) – 11 computer work stations available
Norge Depot - adjacent to the James City County Library
-- Norge Depot Meeting Room - 49 (chairs only), 25 (board room style)
WHEN CAN THE ROOMS BE USED?
Meeting rooms at James City County Library can only be used during normal library hours. All rooms at James City County Library are made available on a self-service basis – that is, users are responsible for setting up the room’s tables and chairs and returning the room to it’s original appearance. Library staff will set up any AV equipment requested, but will be able to render only limited technical support.
Meeting rooms at Williamsburg Library can be used outside of normal library hours with the payment of an additional fee. Staff will set up the tables and chairs and any audio-visual equipment based on a user’s request on the application form. Williamsburg Library rooms cannot be used prior to 8 a.m. or after 11 p.m.
Reservations will not be accepted more than 12 months in advance for the meeting rooms or more than 18 months in advance for the Theatre. Groups meeting once a month can reserve for a 12-month period. Groups meeting more than once a month can reserve for periods of up to four months. Theatre reservations must be made more than three weeks before intended use.
IS THERE A CHARGE FOR USE OF THE ROOMS?
Non-profit groups can use Room B or C at Williamsburg Library for up to 3 hours once a month without charge. Those groups without non-profit status must pay a fee for use of all meeting rooms. A class for which the user is receiving tuition or other payment will be treated as a Standard use and be charged accordingly.
Any required payment must be received before a reservation is confirmed. The library will quote a price and hold a space based on a completed application for 10 days without payment. After 10 days the booking will automatically expire. Groups using the theatre must pay a deposit of 25% of the total in order to hold it, with the balance due no later than one-week prior to the event.
Fees are not negotiable. Fees are based on a three hour block of time, which is the minimum charge for use of library rooms. Note that a new hour begins after seven minutes.
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES ALSO APPLY TO THE USE OF FACILITIES AT THE WILLIAMSBURG OR JAMES CITY COUNTY LIBRARY.
A. Smoking is not permitted in any area of the Williamsburg Regional Library.
B. All audio/visual equipment will be operated under the supervision of library staff.
C. The library will not receive shipments from any user unless prior arrangements have been made. Users must provide labor for any shipments requiring handling.
D. All materials brought into the facility must be removed no later than 24 hours after the completion of the user's program.
E. Applications for use of the library facilities will be accepted only on standard library forms.
- Users serving alcohol to the public are required to adhere to policies regarding liquor licenses by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Department.
- It is the responsibility of the user to enforce all conditions of their liquor license
- A copy of the license must be attached to the user's application and the original must be displayed during the user's event.
G. Film Production
- Williamsburg Regional Library facilities are available as a "location" for "filming". Filming is considered a theatrical use of facilities.
- Filming may not preempt or interfere with normal library operations without the approval of the Board of Trustees of the Williamsburg Regional Library.
- For determining charges, "Filming" will be considered as "Theatre - Charging Admission" on the "Standard Fee Schedule". As appropriate, other usage fees will also apply.
- Users serving food to the public are required to abide by all applicable local and state regulations.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Williamsburg Library Theatre.
- The kitchen is available for user's use. However, a patron's use may not monopolize the kitchen since other users may need the kitchen at the same time.
- When finished, the user is expected to clean the kitchen.
- Receptions are those events immediately preceding or immediately following a meeting or program taking place in another meeting room (or the Theatre) within the library.
- All receptions held or commencing during library hours will be free and open to the public.
- Private receptions may be held in the Williamsburg Library only when the facility is not open to the public.
- Any time there is more than one user using Program Services facilities, the Program Services area is considered to be open to the public.
- Birthday parties and other parties are not allowed within library facilities.
K. Nine-foot Steinway Concert Grand Piano
- The Steinway piano is available for use only with prior arrangement through the library. Any "trying it out" will be considered as usage and a piano usage fee will be charged to the user.
- The piano may not be moved off stage.
- The piano is not available for rent outside of the Theatre.
- Nothing may be placed on the piano other than sheet music.
- Nothing may be placed on the piano when it is backstage. If the top of the piano is not kept clear, the user will be charged for piano usage.
- Tuning, if requested by the user, will only be done by the piano technician the library selects. A charge will be made for requested tuning.
L. Telephones - The library telephone system may not be used by users. Public phones are available outside the library.
M. Political events - when a meeting room is rented for a political gathering only one sign per candidate or issue (no larger than 20" x 30") is permitted within the room. No unauthorized signs will be affixed to the walls. Rules regarding signage outside the libraries are controlled by the City of Williamsburg and James City County regulations. (See also library policies regarding petitioning.)