Imagine how your community will benefit from your charitable bequests to the Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation (tax id number 54-1639135). Your planned gift to the Library Foundation will help the library continue offering excellent collections and programs that inform enrich, strengthen our community.
Click here to Learn more about the importance of having a will or download Sample Bequest Language for the Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation
- Through your will or other estate planning mechanism you can leave cash, securities, life insurance benefits, IRAs, annuities or real property to the Library Foundation.
- You can specify a dollar amount or a percentage of your assets to donate or consider naming the Library Foundation as a beneficiary of a pension plan after other family obligations are met.
- A planned gift may be recognized with a naming opportunity or be used to create an endowment.
- Donors with an estate plan that will benefit the library can be included in the Percival Bisland Legacy Society.
- Charitable contributions can often entitle the donor and/or the donor's family to specific tax relief for such things as appreciated securities.
Also take a moment to learn more about bequests and planned gifts in your community through Leave A Legacy® Greater Williamsburg.
For more information please contact: Benjamin J. Goldberg
Library staff reserve the right to decline contributions that are deemed inappropriate. See our donations policy for more information.
Please note that the Williamsburg Regional Library and Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation cannot provide tax or legal advice. We encourage you to talk with your attorney or other advisor before making such a gift and to assist you in preparing your estate documents. The Williamsburg Regional Library and Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation cannot act as executor nor prepare your bequest documents.
The Williamsburg Regional Library and Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation are not engaged in rendering legal or tax advisory service. For advice or assistance in specific cases, the services of an attorney or other professional advisor should be obtained. The purpose of the Williamsburg Regional Library and Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation's web page on planned giving is to provide accurate and authoritative information of a general character only. Watch for tax revisions. State laws govern wills, trusts, and charitable gifts made in a contractual agreement. Advice from legal counsel should be sought when considering these types of gifts.