The process for returning titles varies depending on the type of reader you are using. Here are the directions for the most common readers.
Readers accessed with Adobe Digital Editions
- Open Adobe Digital Editions on your computer
- Go to Library View
- Click the small arrow to the left of the title you want to return
- Choose "Return borrowed item"
- Click "Return" in the window that pops up
Mobile devices (iPad, iPod, Android tablets, etc.)
- Open the Overdrive Media Console app on your device
- Go to your list of titles
- On the iPad, swipe to the left over the plus sign that is located to the right of the title you want to return, on Android devices tap and hold down on the title of the item till a dialog box opens up
- Touch the "Return/Delete" link
- Choose "Return and Delete" in the window that pops up
Amazon Kindle or Kindle app on mobile device
- Go to Amazon.com and login to your account
- Click on My Account
- Under Order History, click on View Your Kindle Orders
- Find the title that you want to return (it will say "Digital Library" in orange next to the title)
- Click the button that says "Actions" located to the right of the title you want to return
- Choose "Return to Library"
- A message will display that the item has been returned successfully, however, the process is not complete until the page reloads