Applications for summer volunteers are available at both library locations starting May 1. They are due back by May 31.
Teens who have completed seventh grade are eligible to volunteer during summer reading. Additional information is below:
- Rising eighth through twelfth graders are welcome
- You may work as a summer reading "greeter" or as a storytime puppeteer.
- Volunteers should enjoy working with young children. They must also attend a training session.
- We need volunteers during all hours that the library is open. On the application, you will write several times that work for you. Most volunteers choose to work two hours per week.
- The library keeps track of your volunteer hours. This comes in handy when you are applying for stuff later on.
We have a volunteer party at the end of every summer. It's a blast!