James City County and The City of Williamsburg have declared a local emergency and closed all city and county buildings until further notice. This includes all library locations.
Stay up-to-date with the latest information from James City County on the COVID-19 situation, including news updates and links to the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- External book drops at the library locations and in the community will be closed during the closure. We ask that you please hold on to your items and return them once the library is open.
- Are you a fan of BookPage? It is temporarily available online since you cannot pick up copies in the library.
- Families, we know the daily reading requirement while the schools are out may get monotonous, so let’s add some fun activities and challenges to mix things up! If you’ve participated in our summer reading program, you’re probably familiar with Beanstack, but did you know you can participate all year round? Go to wrl.beanstack.org and log in to earn try some new activities and earn badges from now through the end of April.
- If you do not have a library card we are offering a temporary library card to access digital resources. Sign up here.
- Librarians will be available for email and chat service to answer questions 9-5 M-F, connect with us at wrl.org/ask.
- During the time that the library is closed, we will be extending due dates and hold pickup dates and waiving all fines and fees accrued during the closure.