Learning @ The Library Enrichment
February 16 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until December 15, 2021
One event on January 5, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on January 19, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on February 2, 2022 at 2:00 pm
One event on February 16, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Library learners will discover something new from this series of enrichment programs, recommended for elementary and middle school students, as part of our new Learning @ the Library space. Explore a new topic every first and third Wednesday of the month. Registration is required; please call 757.741.3300, option 4 for more information or to sign up.
- December 1st – Intro to 3D Printing. Kids will learn how 3D printing works and how to use this technology for their own projects, and they’ll discover some of the awesome ways this tech is being used around the world right now.
- December 15th – Making Music with Boomwhackers. Have fun learning basic music concepts and playing familiar songs using simple pitched percussion instruments called Boomwhackers. Limited to students ages 5 and up.
- January 5th – Virginia Living Museum presents Growing Up Wild
- January 19th – Snowflake Art (for ages 5+)
- February 2nd – LED Cardmaking (for ages 5+)
- February 16th – Mad Science – Superstructures