City Square Sounds
July 28, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until September 8, 2021
Join us by the fountains on City Square to hear a variety of exceptional musicians from the region. Bring your lunch and a friend, sit in the shade of the wisteria vines, and enjoy a fun, relaxing summer afternoon.
- July 28: Louis Vangieri crafts his own style of rhythmic instrumental songwriting based on influences ranging from jazz to pop and rock.
- August 11: DOG Street Rhythm Kings play authentic jazz styles from Dixieland to swing. Come hear jazz the way it’s supposed to be.
- August 25: Joe Duggan leads old-time bluegrass and gospel jams, and performs at venues all over Tidewater – because live music is always better.
- September 1: Phil Poteat plays his own take on popular songs of the last few decades, delivering good times all around Tidewater.
- September 8: David Gussman plays French musette music with a few other European songs mixed in. Perfect for an outdoor luncheon!