Thursday Afternoon Film Series
December 2, 2021 @ 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until January 6, 2022
One event on December 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Now in its 18th year, the Thursday Afternoon Film Series screens a variety of classic and contemporary movies for an adult audience.
December Theme: An Old-Fashioned Christmas
December 2: The Man Who Invented Christmas (2017) 2-3:45 p.m.
- A fanciful version of how Charles Dickens came to revive his career by writing the holiday classic, A Christmas Carol. Starring Dan Stevens and Christopher Plummer. PG
December 9: Christmas with the Kranks (2004) 2-3:40 p.m.
- A couple’s plan to skip the holiday bustle and take a leisurely vacation is threatened by their Christmas loving neighbors and family in this holiday comedy starring Tim Allen & Jamie Lee Curtis. PG
December 16: The Bishop’s Wife (1947) 2-3:50 p.m.
- Cary Grant plays an angel sent to earth at Christmas to assist an overwrought bishop (David Niven) and his lonely wife (Loretta Young) in this lovely, warm-hearted film. NR
Tuesday, December 21: The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) 2-3:25 p.m. Special Day
- Michael Caine plays Ebenezer Scrooge in this fun, musical version of the classic Dickens tale with Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, and the rest of the Muppets costarring. G
December 30: While You Were Sleeping (1995) 2-3:45 p.m.
- Sandra Bullock is charming in this sweet romantic comedy about a lonely woman who is mistaken for the fiancée of a man she adores but has never met. Bill Pullman costars. PG