Search the full text of science reference resources,including:
Search full-text electronic books in various fields in social sciences, including:
- African-American Years: Chronologies of American History and Experience
- Biographical Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary American Social Issues
- Encyclopedia of Latin American History and Culture
- Energy for the 21st Century
- Fashion, Costume, and Culture: Clothing, Headwear, Body Decorations, and Footwear through the Ages
- Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America
- Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History
- Global Warming
- International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
- Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices
Writing an English paper? Need to find out about authors or books? Literary Reference Center is a full-text database that brings together information from major literary encyclopedias and reference works and hundreds of literary journals. Also available with a mobile interface for handheld devices.
Literati is a research resource with over 3 million encyclopedia entries, ebooks on every major subject, over 240,000 audio clips, multimedia videos, and thousands of high resolution images. Homework Help offers students online help from certified teachers in reading, math, and writing. Research guides for job hunting, applying for unemployment, and genealogy research are also available. Literati is made available by the Library of Virginia.
Scholastic BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. This engaging resource for children in grades PreK-3 will help early readers develop and practice essential reading skills and introduces students to a world of knowledge and exploration.
Offering more than 50 complete units of study with over 6500 science-related assets in a variety of media, ScienceFlix™ provides students with a better understanding of science concepts and ideas through hands-on projects, videos, multiple text types, interactive features and more.
Early World of Learning, World Book Online’s early childhood digital resource, is a child’s first encyclopedia, eBook, and introduction to core early concepts. With read-aloud across all functions, the 60 stories in “World of Reading” and “Trek’s Travels” tie learning together through videos, games, and printable activities. Twelve stories are available in both Spanish and English, and the worksheets also offer written instructions in Spanish. Classic songs, nursery rhymes, and fairy tales complete the program, and are often included in the lesson plan for each story.