- Contact Person
- Each group must designate a contact person at the time of reservation who be responsible for defining set-up requirements and arranging payment for the group. The contact person must be present throughout the use of the facility and will be the only person authorized to make changes in the arrangements, unless otherwise agreed.
- Publicizing Events
- Use of the library facilities does not constitute co-sponsorship of programs by the library. The library does not publicize non-library events.
- In identifying the library facility where an event is being held please refer to the “Williamsburg Library,” “James City County Library,” or “Stryker Center.” The Williamsburg Library is located at 515 Scotland Street; the James City County Library is at 7770 Croaker Road; and the Stryker Center is at 412 North Boundary Street.
- Fliers can be displayed at each facility. The flier must be no larger than a legal size sheet of paper (8 1/2 x 14 inches) and can be posted no earlier than 14 days prior to the event.
The Following Procedures Apply to all Williamsburg Regional Library Facilities
A. Smoking is not permitted in any area of the Williamsburg Regional Library.
B. All audio/visual equipment will be operated under the supervision of library staff.
C. The library will not receive shipments from any user unless prior arrangements have been made. Users must provide labor for any shipments requiring handling.
D. All materials brought into the facility must be removed no later than 24 hours after the completion of the user’s program.
E. Applications for use of the library facilities will be accepted only on standard library forms.
- Users serving alcohol to the public are required to adhere to policies regarding liquor licenses by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Department.
- It is the responsibility of the user to enforce all conditions of their liquor license
- A copy of the license must be attached to the user’s application and the original must be displayed during the user’s event.
G. Film Production
- Williamsburg Regional Library facilities are available as a “location” for “filming”. Filming is considered a theatrical use of facilities.
- Filming may not preempt or interfere with normal library operations without the approval of the Board of Trustees of the Williamsburg Regional Library.
- For determining charges, “Filming” will be considered as “Theatre – Charging Admission” on the “Standard Fee Schedule”. As appropriate, other usage fees will also apply.
- Users serving food to the public are required to abide by all applicable local and state regulations.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Williamsburg Library Theatre.
- The kitchen is available for user’s use. However, a patron’s use may not monopolize the kitchen since other users may need the kitchen at the same time.
- When finished, the user is expected to clean the kitchen.
- Receptions are those events immediately preceding or immediately following a meeting or program taking place in another meeting room (or the Theatre) within the library.
- All receptions held or commencing during library hours will be free and open to the public.
- Private receptions may be held in the Williamsburg Library only when the facility is not open to the public.
- Any time there is more than one user using Program Services facilities, the Program Services area is considered to be open to the public.
- Birthday parties and other parties are not allowed within library facilities.
K. Nine-foot Steinway Concert Grand Piano
- The Steinway piano is available for use only with prior arrangement through the library. Any “trying it out” will be considered as usage and a piano usage fee will be charged to the user.
- The piano may not be moved off stage.
- The piano is not available for rent outside of the Theatre.
- Nothing may be placed on the piano other than sheet music.
- Nothing may be placed on the piano when it is backstage. If the top of the piano is not kept clear, the user will be charged for piano usage.
- Tuning, if requested by the user, will only be done by the piano technician the library selects. A charge will be made for requested tuning.
M. Political events
- When a meeting room is rented for a political gathering only one sign per candidate or issue (no larger than 20″ x 30″) is permitted within the room. No unauthorized signs will be affixed to the walls. Rules regarding signage outside the libraries are controlled by the City of Williamsburg and James City County regulations. (See also library policies regarding petitioning.).