Welcome to your library, we are delighted to see you!
As we continue to adapt to the ongoing pandemic, we have some guidelines in place for our users:
- Currently, masks are not required in WRL buildings. Should this change, this page will be updated.
- Masks are available at all library service desks for any patrons who would like one.
Here are some of the changes we have made for user and staff safety:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Entrances and Capacity
To enable easier monitoring of occupancy at the Williamsburg Library, the Scotland St. and Theatre entrances will be closed and users are asked to use the main entrance on City Square.
Our touchless curbside pickup service, WRL To-Go, will continue to be offered even after library buildings reopen. Simply place the items you want on hold and once they are available we will contact you about making an appointment to retrieve them from the library building of your choice. For more information about how this system works, head to www.wrl.org/wrl-to-go.
Introducing A New Way to Check Out
Our new self-check out system is easy and convenient — simply scan your library card then place your stack of items on the pad and you’re ready to go! No need to scan each item individually, as this new system can register many items at once. Self-check out saves you time, and minimizes WRL staff contact with your items, making our library more efficient and hygienic. Be sure to bring your library card or use the WRL app to store your card number. You can also pay fees right in the app.
Grab Your Holds and Go
Now that our buildings are open, you can pickup your hold items inside. Due to the continued need to minimize WRL staff contact with library materials, we are introducing self-pickup of materials placed on hold. Come to the library location you selected for your hold and head to the designated hold pickup area and locate your items, then check them out through our new self-check out system.
We will offer some virtual programs in addition to in-library events; see the full schedule at www.wrl.org/events.
Hand sanitizer will be available at library entrances and users are encouraged to use that and to wash hands frequently. The library has intensified cleaning of the library buildings.
- At the James City County Library, Book Nook donations will be accepted only during library open hours.
- At the Williamsburg Library, Book Donations will be accepted Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., and Sunday from 1-4 p.m. to allow our volunteers to handle the large number of generous donations we receive.
- Book Nook donations must be dropped off at a specified location at each building.
- At the Williamsburg Library, donations will be accepted at a cart outside the Theatre entrance
- At the James City County Library, donations will be accepted on a cart near the book drops by the entrance.
- Book Nook donations should be boxed or bagged and placed on or next to the cart.
- If you have a donation larger than 5 boxes, please come inside and arrange for a staff member to accept the donation.
- Book Nook donations should be in good condition so they can be sold to benefit the library.
- Please visit our Book Sale page for more information.