Join us for family fun with a focus on science, technology, engineering, arts and math. Held once a month at the James City County Library or Stryker Center, each event will feature a program for kids along with hands on activities and crafts. Click here for the complete list of events, or read on for a brief overview. All programs take place 1-4 p.m.
March 2 -- Exciting Engineering (Stryker Center)
- In this fun program from The Children's Museum of Richmond, students explore the six simple machines. Young Engineers will be challenged to work as teams to complete tasks by tinkering with recycled materials.
- Epic domino rally
- Build your own rocket out of paper, tape, and other materials, then launch it 200 feet into the sky using our compressed air rocket launcher
- Science-related art project: build inventive and useful creations from cardboard using Makedo tools
- Other interactive STEAM activities
- Ryan the Bugman will bring the incredible world of insects and bugs to life. Children will learn why insects are truly awesome and how humans play a critical role in the survival of some of the most important creatures on the planet. Stick around to get up close with live, harmless bugs.
STEAM Saturdays are made possible with the generous support of the Friends of Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation