WRL provides teacher cards to help teachers enrich their students’ classroom experience.
- Teacher cards are available to professional-level employees working in WJCC schools, York County schools, and private school located in Williamsburg, James City County, or York County.
- Preschool teachers in WJCC and York County schools are eligible for teacher cards.
- Homeschool teachers (grades K-12) who reside in Williamsburg, James City County, or York County may also receive a teacher card by presenting a letter of certification from the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Teacher cards may have up to 20 items checked out at one time.
- Materials check out for the standard loan periods.
- Teacher cards may have up to 5 hold requests.
- Materials may be renewed once as long as no one else has requested them.
- While overdue fines do not accrue on materials checked out on teacher cards, teachers are responsible for any fees related to damaged or lost items.
- Teacher cards may not be used for interlibrary loans.
- Teacher cards expire on July 31 every year. They may be renewed on August 1 or later.
To sign up for or renew a teacher card, present your school-issued teacher identification at any library location or on our Mobile Library Services vehicles.
Questions about teacher cards? Contact Circulation Services at 757.259.7753.