To support the community while the library is closed, we are providing mobile WiFi hotspots around the community to allow easy access to the internet. We have two types of service. Click the boxes below or see the Google map for locations and schedules. See our hotspot press release for more about the program.
Update (5/22/20): We now offer free printing service at our mobile WiFi hotspot stops, unless otherwise noted below. Read more about this initiative here.
WRL staff have also created a spreadsheet of public WIFI hotspots in the area. It was current as of 3/28.
These hotspots, which allow up to 15 simultaneous connections, are available in the following locations and schedules:
Schedule of Mobile WiFi Hotspot Locations:
- James River Elementary School /Abram Frink Jr. Community Center (8901 Pocahontas Tr.) 8-11 a.m.
- Quarterpath Crossing (1470 Quarterpath Rd.) 1-3 p.m.
- Monticello Marketplace (4680 Monticello Ave.) 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Settlers Market/Walmart Neighborhood Market (4670 Casey Blvd.) 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Toano Middle School (7817 Richmond Rd.) 8-10 a.m.
- James Blair Middle School (101 Longhill Rd.) 9-10 a.m.
- Lightfoot Marketplace (6485 Centerville Rd.) 10:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Williamsburg Crossing (5235 John Tyler Hwy.) 1-3 p.m.
- ALDI Grocery Store (1504 Richmond Rd.) 1-3 p.m.
- Candle Factory Shopping Center (7537 Richmond Rd.) 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Ewell Hall Station (5601 Richmond Rd.) 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Midtown Row (1260 Richmond Rd.) 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.***
- Grove Christian Outreach Center (8800 Pocahontas Tr.) 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- James-York Plaza (701 Merrimac Tr.) 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Midtown Row (1234 Richmond Rd.) 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Walmart Supercenter (731 E. Rochambeau Dr.) 1-3 p.m.
- Governors Green (4511 John Tyler Hwy.) 1-3 p.m.
- Dollar General (7147 Richmond Rd.) 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Williamsburg Marketcenter (6610 Mooretown Rd.) 1:30-3:30p.m.
***No printing service available at this stop.
All library locations have wifi access from the parking lot outside the buildings
- James City County Library – 7770 Croaker Rd.
- Williamsburg Library – 515 Scotland St.
- Stryker Center and City Square – 412 N Boundary St.
These hotspots, which allow up to 15 simultaneous connections, are available 24/7 in the following locations:
- Home Cooking – 8953 Pocahontas Tr.
- Powhatan Apartments – 226 Burton Woods Dr.
- Burnt Ordinary – 7901 Sterling Dr., Toano
- Chickahominy Baptist Church – 2900 Chickahominy Road, Toano