Introducing: WRL To-Go
We’re launching a touch-less curbside hold pickup service to help get our materials into your hands while the library buildings remain closed.
How does it work?
- Place items you’d like to check out on hold through our website or app.
- Once your holds are available, you will receive a notification by either email, text, or phone (you’ll specify how you want to be notified at the time of placing the hold).
- Next, call or text us to set up your curbside pickup appointment. You’ll select a time Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and you can choose at which building you’d like to pick up your materials. Please have your library card barcode number available for this step.
- On the day of your appointment, arrive close to your pickup time and park in the parking lot, then walk to the pickup area – there will be signage pointing you in the right direction. You’ll want your library card barcode number with you for this step as well.
- Pre-bagged items will be placed on tables at the main entrance of both buildings and placed in alphabetical order by last name.
- Locate your bag(s), which will include the first four letters of your last name and the last four numbers of your library card barcode. Double-check your number so you don’t accidentally take someone else’s bag!
- Pickup times are staggered to minimize your chances of coming into contact with other people, but if you are at the pickup area at the same time as someone else, please remember to maintain social distance of at least six feet.
- Please keep in mind that library staff will not be present at the pickup area, as we are trying to maintain social distance. If you need assistance, please call the appropriate contact number below.
- Head home and enjoy your materials!
Please note that you must have fines of $5 or less in order to make a curbside pickup appointment. If you try to make an appointment and your fines exceed $5, you’ll be directed to pay them online or over the phone before we can confirm your time slot.
For help or questions, please contact us:
- Phone: 757.259.4060
- Text: 505.7898
James City County Library
- Phone: 757.259-7753
- Text: 505.7478